Sinfully Delicious

On Saturday we spent the day hanging out with some friends of Aaron's that he hasn't seen since high school. It was a great time, and I was only shy for a little while, which is definitely different from the norm.

Anyway, I'm of the "never show up empty-handed" camp, and I typically bake something to take. This weekend I made something new, but something I've been wanting to try for a very long time: Nanaimo Bars.

These things are awesome, and so incredibly easy to make it's ridiculous. They're made up of a layer of chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and almonds, a layer of vanilla cream, and a final layer of crisp dark chocolate. They're absolutely decadent, and all the women who tried one asked for the recipe. I'd call that a hit.

They're incredibly rich, so if you do try them, I'd suggest cutting them into very small squares (1-1/2 inch square is about what I did). I made a double batch, and, despite them being so rich, they're almost gone two days later.

I was going to take the leftovers to work today to get rid of them, because Aaron thinks that they're so sweet they give him a stomach-ache (I told him not to eat two to three at a time, but does he listen?), but he refused to let me take them. He gets protective of the things he loves, including and especially any sweets I make. I guess I'm going to have to watch him so that he doesn't eat the rest in one sitting.

3 comments:

Sizzle said...
July 2, 2007 at 4:14 PM

i swear i gain weight every time i visit your blog.

;)

Humor Girl said...
July 3, 2007 at 3:21 AM

I'm SO of the "don't show up empty handed" variety! :) It's called class.

CPA Mom said...
July 10, 2007 at 3:19 PM

"vanilla custard powder?"

"icing sugar?"

Leave a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Ca. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.