Times like this make me happy I have a child who hates to have her hands dirty

I've been running around this afternoon, cleaning up the house and making dinner so Aaron comes home to a clean, delicious smelling house. He had to work today and I didn't, so I had to make it up to him somehow.

Anyway, that's not the point of this story. I was doing my thing and Gabbie was quietly playing in the family room. She entertains herself so well, and when she wants attention she comes and asks for it. I was in the kitchen when I heard the pitter patter of little feet coming up behind me. I turned around to see what she needed, and she held up her hand to me, to show me there was something on it that needed to be washed off.

Oh, yeah. It was poop. She had a major poopsplosion, and was offended that it had made it onto her hands. Since she doesn't like dirty hands, she came to show me and have me clean them up instead of *gag* licking them or something. Gross. Thankfully she was also sitting inside a box when the offense occurred, so the mess was contained to the box, her hands, and the waistline of her pants.

We immediately made it up to the bathroom where she was stripped, wiped, bathed, and the messy clothes were deposited in the washer to rinse out. And I only sort of gagged once, so hooray for me too.

Now we're playing again, the lasagna I was making for dinner is safely in the oven, and the house smells amazing. Although, it totally could have gone the other way.

2 comments:

SJINCO said...
November 29, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Ugh, I always hated poop explosions. So glad that it wasn't worse.

:)

carrster said...
December 1, 2009 at 11:09 PM

GAH! Just say no to blowouts! Glad yours had a happy ending. ;)

Leave a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Ca. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.