I’m actually feeling fairly well-rested for once, but so scattered that today? You get bullets.
- · I’ve been watching True Blood whenever I get a chance lately. I read all of the books, and was having serious Sookie Stackhouse withdrawal, so I decided to treat it with a generous dose of the TV show. I watched most of season 1 by myself, but Aaron would watch a few episodes with me here or there. Then he watched the last couple of episodes of the season and got himself hooked. We watched the first two episodes of season 2 last night, and had to start in on the third because of the cliffhanger end to the second episode. I went to bed a couple of minutes in, even though I didn’t want to, because otherwise I would have been up way too far past my bedtime. Tonight though? We’re settling in with some popcorn (from the CSA – it’s soooo good!), a mojito or two, and the 3rd and 4th episodes from this season. I love it when we get into a show together!
- · So, yeah. The mojito mentioned above? I can drink it before Gabbie’s bedtime now if I want (even though we don’t watch True Blood before her bedtime because it’s not appropriate now that she seems to be completely aware of what is going on around her), because we’re down to only nursing in the morning. I thought the before-bed nursing would be the hardest to break, but she dropped it no problem. Dropping the middle of the night feeding took a couple of long nights to struggle through, but since she realized she doesn’t get to eat in the middle of the night, she’s been sleeping straight through (except for the other day when I woke her up by tripping and making a loud noise when I went in to check on her). Weaning: it’s hard and sort of sad, but also kind of awesome.
- · Since Gabbie started walking she’s been a little accident prone; something I expected, but that is still pretty hard to bear. We have wood floors in the dining room, which is adjacent to the family room. The other day when she went running (seriously, running) from the family room toward the kitchen, as soon as she hit the wood floors she went down hard and hit her forehead; BANG! It hurt me to even hear the bang, let alone to see those tears streaming down her face. But that was nothing compared to when she decided to have her forehead meet the edge of the banister the other day. She had a nice goose egg that has settled down into an ugly dark purple bruise. Thank goodness all toddlers go through this, or someone might think I was letting her get hurt on purpose!
- · There was a bathtub incident the other night, that I don’t really want to relive here, but suffice it to say Aaron has learned not to leave Gabbie alone in the bathroom with water in the tub. She was and is totally fine, but it really scared the crap out of both of us. Lesson definitely learned. The hard way.
- · We’re having our first non-family house guests this weekend, and I have a lot to do before they get here to get the house together. We’ve been a little lax on the unpacking, and need to get on it and quick. Plus, I’m starting to not feel exactly settled, and I think unpacking will help this greatly. Although, I’m not unpacking my clothes until we get our new dresser put together. It’s my form of protest to get Aaron moving on assembling furniture.
- · Did I mention that Aaron and I went to Ikea a couple of weeks ago and bought a new bedroom set? We’ve never had a bedroom set before, so we feel pretty grown up. It also made us realize how bad we are at making decisions. We spent a total of FIVE HOURS in Ikea and emerged with a bed, a dresser, and two bedside tables. We went in for much more, but that was all of the decision making we could handle that day. FIVE HOURS. I was completely exhausted. At least we came out with something – we’ve never been able to make decisions before when we’ve gone so this was progress.
- · Finally, Blogher is next week and I’m getting pretty excited. I’ve been trying to decide what to pack, but of course have decided that I HATE all of my clothes and need to go shopping. Due to being house broke, shopping wasn’t really in the cards. However, yesterday I got a check reimbursing me for expenses from my business trip to Boston, totaling almost $200. I asked Aaron if I could spend it on clothes and he said as long as it didn’t ever hit the bank account he wouldn’t miss it, so now I just have to decide what to buy. That sucks almost as much as having nothing to wear, because I hate shopping as much as I hate my clothes.