I also made a run to my favorite yarn store, and bought some materials to finally make a knitting project for myself (lately I've made two hats for my dad, a scarf for my mom, a blanket for Gabbie, and have started on a blanket for my best friend's baby). Since Aaron works right by the yarn store, I went over and took him out to lunch - our first meal out alone since Gabbie arrived. I've been knitting again all afternoon and watching one of my very favorite shows - Cities of the Underworld - on On Demand (one of my favorite inventions ever).
All this fun, and what am I doing? Watching the clock and wishing away the minutes until my self-imposed earliest time I can go get Gabbie. Even though I'm enjoying myself, I miss her more. However, alone time is one of my resolutions for the new year, which include:
- Get in better shape/finally lose the baby weight plus some;
- Have a date night with Aaron at least once a month;
- Plan healthier meals instead of all comfort food all the time;
- Do all the dishes and put away the toys before going to bed every night; and
- Take some time for myself every once in a while.
I had heard it before I had Gabbie, but never realized how true and how hard it is to pay attention to yourself once you're a mom. I really need to work at it, because I know my daughter will learn from me how important it is to take care of herself from the example I set. It's hard work being a good role model! Now if only I could model how to not curse regularly, I'd be all set.