Flashback Friday: This Makes Me Giggle

It's Flashback Friday again! This week my task is to write about something from the past that makes me giggle.

Growing up, I always loved to look at my baby album, seeing all of the pictures of my mom's swollen belly that contained me, the pictures from the hospital when I was impossibly tiny, and all of the ones from the rest of my first year where I'm doing silly things. I have a few favorites; the one where I'm sitting in the middle of my mom's packed suitcase, pulling out her underwear and hairbrush; the one where I'm naked and have escaped, so I'm running around the house; and especially the one where I have slices of banana on my head. That last one was one of my favorite stories when I was very little: my mom sliced up a banana for me to eat while she was making dinner for us. Suddenly she heard me laughing really hard, and turned around to see me sitting there with four banana slices atop my head. My very first joke!

I've been wanting to start Gabbie on some finger foods, and decided some tiny chunks of banana would probably be a good place to start, since she always seems to be coveting my banana while I eat it in the morning. This past weekend, we cut up a small piece of banana for her to try out. She loved it! I looked away for just a second and when I looked back, this is what I saw:


I don't know if you can see it well, but there's a chunk of banana stuck to her nose. And she thought it was hilarious. Like mother, like daughter I guess. I can't wait to see if someday we have a similar picture of my baby's baby.

Now go check out all the other fabulous Flashback Friday posts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
January 23, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I love messy eating posts! If you look at the FB Friday guidelines, You'll see that the twins' adventures with blue yogurt (AVOID!!) and noodles inspired the idea!

Cassie said...
January 29, 2009 at 2:43 PM

That is just too cute. Andrew loves bananas, too, but he loves picking up a handful of the pieces and mashing them in his mouth -- then mashing them in his ears and his hair. She doesn't seem to care too much that she has banana hanging off her nose! :)

(Also, you need to scan in that picture of you with banana on your head!)

Leave a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Ca. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.