Rock-a-By Baby


This year is the same as every other; as it gets warmer I find myself wishing that time will pass more quickly, that summer will get here, that it will finally be warm for days on end. At the same time, Gabbie is growing up way too fast for my liking and I want the days to slow down so I can spend more time soaking in her toddlerness, that like her babyness, is speeding by.



Thursday night was the last night I rocked her to sleep. I was expecting a fight, tantrums, crying until she threw up (her modus operandi, which I'm obviously thrilled about), but after just a few protests on Friday night she just laid down and went to sleep. There were no protests on Saturday at all. Last night, she rolled around in her crib for about 15 minutes before succumbing to dreamland, and we didn't even have to stay in her room while she was falling asleep. She was obviously ready for this development, while once again I was the one holding her back from growing up as fast as she likes.

I can only hope potty training and binky weaning go this well.

1 comments:

Cassie said...
March 29, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I love those photos! I covet the Hipstamatic app, which I can't get on my phone because it's the older model. SIGH.

I'm glad the transition to putting herself to sleep went smoothly. Time does just continue to go way too fast, doesn't it?

Leave a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Ca. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.