And I didn't even complain about how hard it can be to take care of a poor, sick baby.

There are some days, like today, when I wish for a magic sort of Google search. One that would give me answers guaranteed to work when I use search strings such as "How to get my baby to sleep in her own damn bed instead of on my chest while I sleep on the couch?", and "Why did baby pick up new habit of trying to stick her hands in my mouth on the day she came down with her first ever cold?". And most importantly, "Where the hell are my housekeeper and chef, and how do I find ones that work for smiles and compliments instead of cash?". So, suffice it to say, I'm tired and sick with a dirty house and have been eating take out or frozen pizza for days on end. Fun times!

In more exciting news, I'm planning a baby shower for my friend in our home town, the same weekend my in-laws decided to come up for a visit, and they've already bought the tickets! True, they're coming to town for my husband's grandfather's 80th birthday party, and my friend is in from California for an interview, so it's not like either of these events can be switched to a different date, but I just have one word to describe this: typical. It's always like this for me for some reason. So I'm going to deal with multiple house guests with a smile, throw the best darn baby shower anyone has ever seen, and become deaf to my in-law's complaints about wanting to see the baby more. I guess they should have thought about that before they up and moved to Florida.

I truly am incredibly happy to get a chance to see everyone, just slightly stressed out that it's happening all at once. I'm also enormously excited about the baby shower. There's not too many activities I enjoy more than putting together a killer party, and this one is sure to be a blast. It's brunch, with virgin Mimosas, a funny multiple choice quiz about my friend's pregnancy, and lots and lots of cute baby items. Not to mention seeing all sorts of people from my past that I haven't seen in forever. It should be a blast. Hopefully I can survive it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
October 23, 2008 at 11:26 AM

When my son was a baby he wouldn't sleep when he was sick unless I held him. Of course I always ended up catching it too. Then we were miserable together, except he at least got to sleep. All I can tell you is that it does get better eventually, when they get a little older.

Cassie said...
October 23, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Andrew and I are totally sick at the same time, for the first time ever, and this is not the most fun thing I've ever been through for sure. He's usually a pretty good sleeper, but last night he just had to be with me. I finally brought him into our bed, which is BAD, but at least we both got a little bit of sleep that way!

So I can totally feel you on the tired, the sick, and the dirty house. I hope you feel better soon!

Have a great time this weekend at the baby shower -- that sounds so fun! I'm sure everyone will love to see Gabbie.

Gotta love those in-laws!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Ca. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.