Haloweenie

Oh, October. The month that's the start of one of my favorite things: the Holiday Season. Why do I love the holiday season so much? Because it’s the perfect time for crafting and baking, two of my very favorite things. Also, sweaters. I love the feeling of being all cozied up in a sweater more than just about any other feeling. (Except now, and excuse all the annoyingly cute gushing, the feeling of cuddling up with Gabbie. That truly is the best!)

Another one of my favorite things that is definitely in full swing right now, is the eating of anything pumpkin flavored. I have a few things I’m itching to make right now, including some standards like Linda’s Insanely Good Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins and Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, as well as a new recipe this year: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. Ooh, and pumpkin butter from The Pioneer Woman. Yum!

Newly added excitement this year includes dressing up Gabbie in a Halloween costume. There are so many cute options, like all of these at Mighty Junior, it’s hard to choose. Especially since I don’t want to spend a lot on something she’ll likely only wear once, although the costumes at One Step Ahead might fit her next year if she continues on her growth curve.

Finally, I love the photo ideas from this post at Momspark. I’m definitely going to have to add trips out to the local cider mill and pumpkin patch to our weekend activities sometime soon. I’m quickly finding out that holidays with a little one are way more fun than they were before. Or at least they are fun in a totally different way; you know, no more getting all dressed up and then wasted on the spooky spiked punch at a friend’s party.

I was getting too old for that, anyway.

2 comments:

Cassie said...
October 7, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Cute gushing thoroughly excused -- Lord knows there's enough of that on my blog! (And cuddling with your baby really IS the best.)

I second you on the pumpkin love. I made these cookies over the weekend -- pumpkin with cinnamon chips and pecans. SO delicious.

Andrew is going to be a lion this year -- that is, if his costume arrives in time. If it doesn't, he'll be whatever's left over at Old Navy.

Deborah said...
October 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM

One of the many reasons I'm excited to have a child!! Every year, my husband and I plan to do holiday things, but it seems like most things would be better with kids. And next year, we'll have our little one to share everything with!! ANd it's kind of funny, because my husband is already planning out her Halloween next year - I never thought he'd be so excited for Halloween!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Ca. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.