Gabbie's very first flight

I'm going to be honest here. For the first half of this week I was a mess. I was worried about flying for the obvious reasons, but also terrified that Gabbie would be scared of the whole experience. Everyone told me she would be fine, and I totally should have listened, but I was worried about my baby!

Turns out everyone was right. Aaron and I even did better than we expected (we're both kind of nervous fliers). Gabbie was an absolute angel the entire flight, and wasn't scared if anything save for all the strangers paying attention to her.

Shortly after take-off we thought we may have some trouble, when Gabbie loudly announced, "I pooped!" We couldn't get out of our seats yet and we did get the evil eye from a couple of people around us (although admittedly fewer than the lady who delayed our flight by getting out of her seat to use the bathroom right when we were about to take off received). Thankfully it was just another instance of Gabbie being confused about pooping vs tooting. Very thankfully. I really didn't want to have to figure out how to change a diaper on the plane.

We did experience a few tears as we started our decent because her ears were bothering her. We were trying to get her to suck on her binky or to drink some water, both to no avail. Then I said the magic words that caused the crying to cease instantly - "do you want some candy?" She was fine the rest of the way down to the ground and we were all happy that we made it safe and sound via an excellent flight. And that is the story of Gabbie's first flight.

1 comments:

Cassie said...
May 7, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I'm glad the flight went well. I hope you guys have a wonderful vacation!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Ca. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.